:: Posted In Wartime Letters Home From Abroad
 Index du Forum

Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Bienvenue à toutes et à tous ! Recrutement ON 
Posted In Wartime Letters Home From Abroad

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> » Sommaire « -> » Screenshots & Vidéos «
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
yanigoldy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 03:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: Posted In Wartime Letters Home From Abroad Répondre en citant

Posted in Wartime: Letters Home From Abroad
by Richard Knott
rating: ( reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Posted in Wartime: Letters Home From Abroad
->>>ONLINE BOOK Posted in Wartime: Letters Home From Abroad

The Second World War saw many people consigned to long periods of exile, far from home. How did the exiled keep in touch with home? Why were some exiles silent when others wrote frequently and at length? Posted in Wartime explores the nature of such exile and considers what could be written in diaries and letters, given that letters were censored and diaries were, at best, frowned upon. At the book’s heart are the stories of three very different exiles: a Liberty Ship captain; a doctor in the Royal Army Medical Corps; and an airman in Iraq and Palestine. Set alongside those are the experiences of a number of celebrated wartime exiles whose diaries and letters are both extensive and detailed, and whose stories loosely connect with the journeys of the three main protagonists; they include the travel writer Freya Stark, the photographer Cecil Beaton, and the playwright Noël Coward. * Exhibition of Cecil Beaton photography (of the Duchess of Devonshire and her set) at Chatsworth, March 2016 to January 2017 .* The reopening of the British Postal Museum & Archive as The Postal Museum in London in 2017 * 100th anniversary of the Imperial War Museum, London, 2017 *75 years since the release of Noel Coward’s film about the Navy at war, In Which We Serve (1942) * 75 years (on 15 April) since the author’s father sailed to the Middle East in Winston Special convoy WS18 * 100 years (in November 2017) since the Balfour Declaration (Middle East) * 70 years since Indian independence.

Details:
price: $25.75
bound:
publisher: Pen and Sword; 1 edition (April 24, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1473833965, 978-1473833968,
weight: 1.5 pounds (
filesize:

US,,,Navy,,,sailors,,,sorting,,,mail,,,at,,,Fleet,,,Mail,,,Center,,,Yokohama,,,Only,,there,,are,,several,,things,,that,,are,,conspicuously,,absent,,--,,most,,of,,all,,the,,folks,,that,,were,,left,,behind,,,,,,,,,I,,,wish,,,you,,,all,,,sorts,,,of,,,good,,,luck,,,and,,,happiness,,,for,,,your,,,birthdayContents,1,History,1.1,Beginnings,1.2,Modern,military,mail,provision,2,Selected,modern,services,2.1,British,Forces,Post,Office,(BFPO),2.2,German,Armed,Forces,(Bundeswehr),2.3,Indian,Army,Postal,Service,Corps,2.4,U.STo,,,be,,,perfectly,,,honest,,,it,,,was,,,boringThe,,trees,,are,,trimmed,,into,,various,,formsIF,,,ANYTHING,,,ELSE,,,IS,,,ADDED,,,THE,,,POSTCARD,,,WILL,,,BE,,,DESTROYED,,,,,,Well,,,tomorrow,,is,,the,,Fourth,,of,,July,,and,,I,,wonder,,what,,you,,will,,be,,doingClose,

Part,,of,,HuffPost,,MultiCultural/HPMG,,News,,In,,addition,,,my,,family,,sent,,care,,packages,,,letters,,and,,cassette,,tapes,,recorded,,with,,long,,,rambling,,messages,,cataloging,,everyday,,momentsAccording,to,the,National,Postal,Museum,,this,was,the,first,war,whereby,countrymen,were,away,from,home,for,extended,periodsThe,,,best,,,I,,,can,,,do,,,is,,,to,,,write,,,a,,,letter,,,from,,,almost,,,nowhere,,,on,,,earthYou,can't,just,realize,how,much,it,really,is,until,you,come,to,an,occasion,like,thisLetters,,from,,troops,,in,,the,,trenches,,were,,read,,and,,censoredMilitary,Postal,Service,(MPS),3,Classified,information,4,Examples,5,See,also,6,References,7,Further,reading,8,External,links,Daddy!,,,You,,,absent-minded,,,profThis,is,the,first,one,we’ve,been,in,since,our,arrival,on,the,continentAnything,,from,,old,,U.S.A

I,,did,,not,,stay,,long,,as,,I,,could,,not,,get,,interestedSentences,not,required,should,be,crossed,outI,guess,I,have,said,enough,for,one,day,,so,give,my,love,to,Mom,,Teresa,,Olga,,Tommy,,Donna,,Thomas,,JrThis,trip,I,took,another,hill,and,I,must,say,that,it,is,wonderful,how,much,beauty,there,is,if,one,just,keeps,his,eyes,open,,,There,have,been,a,few,letters,get,to,the,Company,already,but,not,manyThe,pictures,were,adapted,to,a,French,audience,,of,course,,and,I,am,afraid,I,did,not,read,many,of,the,explanations,,etcIt,goes,out,to,the,Company,and,I,can't,get,to,the,CompanyWe,had,quite,a,bit,of,mail,from,USA,yesterday,and,I,expect,there,will,be,more,todayI,hope,you,and,Dad,and,Grandma,all,have,a,happy,holiday,and,that,you,don’t,worry,too,much,about,me 48a4f088c3

Sigmund Freud (Pisolo Books) (Volume 14) (French Edition)L'oublié: ( Illustré et Annoté ) (French Edition) Laure ConanOrigami pour les enfants (French Edition) Young ScholarRethinking Religion in the Theatre of Grotowskisannjuu+%28Japanese+Edition%29Gwenpool, The Unbelievable Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K. TPB Christopher HastingsThrill Killers Extended EditionI+Did+Not+Get+Prettied+Up+For+Reviewers%21%3A+%26quot%3BI+Do+It+For+My+Readers%21+++++Bk.+%231The Apparition: The Apparition Saga, Book 1POEMAS PARA O AMOR DA MINHA VIDA (Portuguese Edition)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 03:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> » Sommaire « -> » Screenshots & Vidéos « Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange